Our Newborn Care Specialists approach their expertise with an unconditional love for babies.
Newborn Care Specialists are trained, skilled professionals who provide unique assistance and education to parents of newborns. This temporary position sets parents up for success, during one of the most precious times in their little one’s life.
After parents bring their newborn or multiples home from the hospital, help from our Newborn Care Specialists includes sleep training, feeding, assistance with breastfeeding, and more. Newborn Care Specialists provide 10-24-hour shifts, and we work together to tailor a schedule that best fits your family’s unique needs. Our Newborn Care Specialists have a minimum of 3 years experience, but the majority of our specialists have 7+ years. They often come from a background as nurses or medical professionals, postpartum doulas, or individuals with other concentrated childcare training. Many of our Newborn Care Specialists are experienced with twins or multiples.
Typical responsibilities of a Newborn Care Specialist:
- Supporting and educating parents
- Transitioning from the newborn to the infant stage
- Creating or refining a schedule
- Assisting with any feeding issues and facilitating successful breastfeeding
- Staying with the baby to offer feedings or bringing to Mom to feed, and then returning to sleep
- Establishing sleep training
- Providing care in the areas of changing, diapering, bathing, nursery organization, sleep training, and support to the parents
- Maintaining a log of eating, sleeping and behavior patterns